On September 15th, 2021, the National Testing Agency (NTA) had officially released the results for the JEE Main 2021. This exam was conducted in a total of 4 sessions held during February, March, April, and August-September. When released, students can check their results on the official NTA portal for the JEE Main exam i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in
1. After logging into the official website as mentioned above, candidates are required to click on the “Registration Link” for the online application of JEE Main 2022.
2. Candidates are then required to fill their “Personal and Qualification Details” in the online application.
3. After this, they need to upload “Scans of their Signatures and Photographs” in the format as prescribed on the site.
4. The final step after completing the above is “Fee Payment”
As mentioned before, there were 4 sessions held for the JEE Main Exam 2021. Just like the previous years, this exam also had 3 subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. All these papers were objective ones, having 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in total.
Each paper was divided into 2 parts, with Part A consisting of 20 questions and Part B of 10 questions. Students only had to answer any 5 of the questions in Section B.
It’s also important to know that this year also saw certain changes in the exam pattern. The main and perhaps the most radical change that was made this year was scrapping the “Age Criterion” in the results. Earlier, if multiple students had equal marks and were also equal on all the other aspects, it was the age that was considered i.e. the older candidate was given preference. This criterion no longer exists now.
The official dates for the JEE Main Exam 2022 hasn’t been announced by the NTA as of yet and, therefore, the wait shall continue a little longer. As soon as an official notification comes out, the registration portal and other services on the portal shall also become accessible.
Updates have come in for the JEE Advanced 2023 paper. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) had come up with the revised syllabus for the same on November 24th, 2021 on their official website i.e. https://jeeadv.ac.in/
1. In Physics, there have been no reductions but additions of several topics like Kepler’s laws, polarisation, diffraction, Carnot Engine, Electromagnetic waves, and much more.
2. While students no longer have to study about nuclear chemistry, there are several additions in Chemistry, some of which include primary & secondary batteries & corrosion in electrochemistry, environmental chemistry and chemistry in everyday life, selectivity of solid catalyst, enzyme catalysis & mechanism in chemical kinetics, and catalysis among others.
3. Even in Mathematics, the topics of harmonic progressions and solution of triangles have been scrapped. On the other hand, topics like statistics, fundamental theorem of algebra in quadratic equations, and set & relations have been added.
For further updates on the JEE or other management, medical, and engineering entrance exams as well as MBBS abroad, keep following Affinity Education on https://affinityeducation.in
Catch the latest and up-to-date developments regarding admissions and important exams in one glance.